Monday, November 22, 2010

HealthCake

Holiday weeks in the office are traditionally slow. I don't know if this is how all offices operate or just those that are related to healthcare but I do like that it allows for my creative vices: I.E. writing.

I've been babysitting the Orange Cat for Trevor while he and Rina visit his parents in California. It's nice to have another body in the house, even if it is a 4-5 pound cat who is orange. I am not home terribly often so I do feel a bit bad about leaving her in the house to tend to herself, but she seems not to mind. So far, favorite spots of my apartment include perching on the counter corner that overlooks the living (so she resembles a very soft gargoyle) and blending in with the chair that has a very similar color wheel to the Orange Cat. When not at either of those two spots it is busy doing one of 3 things:

1. Trying to open the cupboard door that is very skinny and full of plastic bags. Not sure why.

2. Incessantly running her paws across the patio door blinds. This annoys me and I put a stop to it promptly.

3. Molesting me. Usually at the exact time I am ready to get up or move to the kitchen/bed/etc. No idea how she plans this.

I could do without these behaviors. It seriously impacts my ability to play Call of Duty when I have to toss a pillow in its direction to make it stop. Ruins many a good killstreak. The orange does not care that I would be but one kill away from a chopper but then get knifed in the back as I protest its behavior. She's lucky it isn't real war. How bad would she feel?

No sooner does Trevor retrieve the Orange than I go to Cali myself for 5 days. It will be great to get away. Since I bought a new car I have been re-figuring my finances. My normal one or two trips a month has been realistically slashed to one every other month. This trip doesn't count into those finances since I will be with family and essentially on their dime the entire time. I do plan on making a trip out to Mt. High though, a snowboard haven for park rats. This will be a nice contrast to my last snowboard trip since there were no hips, jumps, rails or boxes to be seen. Still the same amount of snow though, hah. I am optimistic for a 15 inch base which should be enough when riding park. I am also hopeful that I will not injure/break anything on this outing.

When I get home from Cali the next weekend will mark the opening of my home mountain, Sunrise. Well...supposed opening anyway. There hasn't been much snow in the forecast there that I have seen, but who knows. I heard rumor that the White Mountain Apaches are allowing the use of reclaimed water on the mountain for snowmaking purposes: If that's the case then it should open early. If not, it could be closer to Christmas which would necessitate me making another trip out to Cali before the season. Either way, the temperatures are finally in the 60's in Phoenix which means winter has finally arrived in Phoenix. That's about as cold as it gets here...maybe 50's for a week or so later in the year, but that's the biggest bite winter packs here.
I'd write more but I just received a very important message at my office:

Cake - November Birthdays - 1:50 PM

At the printer in 5 minutes

This just gave me an idea...CAKE TALLY! For the remaining 2010 I am going to document all the sweets that make their way through the office.

11/22/10 @ 1:50PM - Giant cookie cake with vanilla ice cream to put on top

1 comment: